MiXt Co. 2016 Winter MasterClass Series
We're predicting a Wintery Mix, for 2016!! 20 classes - 15 Fantastic Artists!
- Wed. Jan 6 - 7:00-9:00 – Contemporary Technique and Repertory w/ Chelsea Ainsworth
- Sat. Jan 9 - 12:00-2:00 - Contemporary Afro-Caribbean w/ Kendra J. Ross (live drumming by Farai Malianga)
- Wed. Jan. 13 - 7:00-9:00 – Physical Practice w/ Peter Kyle
(No session Jan 16)
- Wed Jan. 20 - 7:00-9:00 - Contemporary Systems - an interior & material approach by Sidra Bell
- NEW DATE & TIME: Mon. Jan. 25 – 7:00-9:00 - The Body Sessions: Reading the body to move: C O R E M O T I O N w/ Daria Faïn
- Wed. Jan 27 - 7:00-9:00 -Technique and Repertory w/ Elizabeth Coker, Co-Artistic Director of Seán Curran Co.
- Sat. Jan 30 - 12:00-2:00 – Physical Practice w/ Peter Kyle
- Wed. Feb 3 - 7:00-9:00 - Technique and Repertory w/ Elizabeth Coker, Co-Artistic Director of Seán Curran Co.
- Sat. Feb. 6 - 12:00-2:00 – Dancing Now/Contemporary Workshop w/ Megan Williams
- Wed. Feb 10 - 7:00-9:00 – Contemporary Afro-Caribbean w/ Kendra J. Ross
(No Session Feb 13)
- Wed Feb 17 - 7:00-9:00 – Contemporary Technique and Repertory w/ Becky Radway
- Sat. Feb 20 – 12:00-2:00 – The Body Sessions: Jin Shin Jyutsu Self Help w/ Mitzi Adams
- Wed. Feb 24 - 7:00-9:00 - Contemporary Modern & Repertory w/ Nathan Trice
- Sat. Feb 27 - 12:00-2:00 – Dancing Now/Contemporary Workshop w/ Megan Williams
- Thurs. March 3 – 7:00-9:00 – Modern Practice, Process and the Principles of Physicality and Release w/ Pamela Pietro (switched from March 10)
- Thurs. March 10 - 7:00-9:00 – Restorative Movement w/ Tiffany Sudol (switched from March 3)
- Thurs. March 17 - 7:00-9:00 - Contemporary Systems - an interior & material approach by Sidra Bell
- Sat. March 19 – 12:00-2:00 – The Body Sessions: Pilates Workshop: The Benefits of the Mat Class w/ Tara Gibson
- Thurs. March 24 - 7:00-9:00 - Contemporary Systems - an interior & material approach by Sidra Bell
- Thurs. March 31 - 7:00-9:00 – Contemporary Movement w/ Tara Lee Burns * season-ending Prosecco toast to follow!
The Winter Master Class Series offers open-level classes for experienced dancers. Participants can choose to join us for a 75 minute class or stay for a full 2-hour session, to dive into concepts and continue working with each guest artist. Don't miss the opportunity to MiX it up with these amazing artists!
For The Body Sessions, which are monthly, two-hour workshops also included in the winter series listing, no dance experience is required, though experience with movement practices can be helpful.
Class and workshop rates:
Affiliate rate (25% off regular rate) available for professional performers, artists, educators, NYC commuters, students, seniors or other affiliated members. There will be a prompt to activate affiliate rate at registration. After Jan. 1, 2016 a $25 annual fee will be required to activate affiliate rate (If you plan to come to at least 5 classes, you will recuperate your annual fee through discounted savings.)
All classes and workshops are held at Greenwich Academy in the Wallace Performing Arts Center.