Young Dancers program, produced by Marcia Brooks/Various Works
In Fall 2017 we kicked off our second year of our Young Dancers Program, and registration for our Winter season is now open. Dancers 4 to 11 years old, will be able to take advantage of amazing MiXt Co. resources, enabling our young movers to develop versatility, confidence and a true love of dance, while benefiting from the excellent training and experience of our inspiring guest faculty. Dancers can join us for one class, or, those 5 and older can take advantage of a back-to-back double class, inclusive of both classical and contemporary forms. Our mission is to inspire versatility, diversity & collaboration, while nurturing a strong base of knowledge rooted in up-to-date, kinesiologically-sound, technical training and artistic development.
The program features:
- small group instruction
- professional faculty with age-appropriate expertise
- a rotation of teachers, all connecting to certain curricular values
- Class structure insures varied peer relationships - We encourage students 5 and up to take both classes in their age group, but one class is also possible.
TUESDAY and FRIDAY CLASSES CONTINUE FALL, Winter and Spring 2017-18:
The schedule for Tuesday and Friday classes is posted below. Registration is now open!!
Convenient Tuesday Pick up for Greenwich Academy Students!!
For students enrolled in the Tuesday 4:00 PM Ballet 1A, a convenient option for pick up at Greenwich Academy Lower School dismissal w/ supervision until class begins (snack, homework or dance oriented activity, and time to get ready for class) will be offered for additional fee. PC/CC students can take advantage of the 3:00 hour of supervision if a parent or care taker can bring them over to the main campus (we have an easy way to coordinate meeting you in your car right by the Lower School office entrance). This option is available as a choice on registration page. $100 deposit will be billed at registration, and remaining fees for usage more than 5 times will be billed at end of season. Pick up may also be available from Friday Yearlings or after Tuesday Serendipity...please inquire about that.
Mini Mix Summer Excursions - July 2018:
In partnership with Peridance Capezio Center in NYC, dancers 6.5-10.5 can take advantage of a wonderful summer program in NYC. Peridance offers our students a group rate on tuition, and travel and supervision for train travel into the city is coordinated by Marcia Brooks (additional fees apply). Please contact us for more info. We are developing plans for additional NYC experiences.
Scroll down for Spring schedule, price list and registration button...Click here or on photos below to see more info about our past and future faculty guest artists.
mini mix - 2017-18 - class schedule
Instructors and Contemporary class offerings will change in Spring, but class times and levels should stay the same. Teachers will advise if level change is warranted from season to season.
- 4 year olds begin w/ a single class in Pre-Ballet (offered on Fridays)
- 5-11 year olds are encouraged to take classical and contemporary classes in their age group, though a single class is also possible (Attending twice per week is also an option, and encouraged for those 8 and older).
- Contemporary offerings and guest artists will vary from season to season.
- Uniform requirements will be sent via email prior to beginning of season.
- Fall and Spring seasons will end with an informal sharing of work in the evening on the final day of classes. A mid-season parent observation will be scheduled in the Winter.
mini mix Class Fees
Class Fees valid if registered and paid by Dec 1. Early registration for the Winter season will open on Nov. 1. Fees may rise slightly after Dec. 1.
WAYS TO SAVE!!!
- Class fees reflect cost for one day per week (either Tues. or Fri.) 10% discount is given for second day of classes in same discipline.
- You may choose to register for Winter and Spring year (5% discount will be given at billing, adjustments can be made due to level change or schedule change).
- Siblings receive 10% discount.
- Up to 2 discounts can be combined to reflect a 15%-20% discount.
- Drop in classes are available if classes have not reached registration limits - Fees for single class: ($16 for 30 mins, $24 for 45 mins, $30 for 60 mins, $35 for 75 mins. and $40 for 90 mins.)
All classes held in the Greenwich Academy Performing Arts Center. 200 North Maple Avenue, in Greenwich, CT.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, interest or to be added to our mail list.
Class times and pricing subject to modification based on registration.