MiXt Co. is our signature class series and performance project. Drop in classes are offered year round (currently most Mondays at 7:00 PM), and during our performance project seasons, a weekly class and rehearsal process ending in an informal performance for full project participants is an option many in our community eagerly take advantage of. Dancers in groupings by Rigorous level, MiXt level and/or Gentle level, each work with choreographers once per week during the season. Dancers typically participate in either Rigorous or Gentle groupings AND all are welcome in the MiXt level group (dancers can choose to come once or twice per week, and some may even feel comfortable in all 3 offerings). Choreographers create a short work for those able to commit to the season for each group (6-8 sessions). Drop-in classes begin at 7:00 PM, anytime throughout the season, for those who can't commit to the full performance project (rehearsals continue after class until 9:15 PM). The program strives to be a catalyst between NYC and CT choreographers, dancers, dance enthusiasts and audiences. Choreographers gain access to new communities of movers. Participants have access to quality contemporary, modern and/or classical practice and process, while our local audience will enjoy the variety created and presented.
MiXt Co. Classes or the full MiXt Co. Class + Performance Project are offered for those with prior dance or movement experience. Performance Project participants must be 16 or older, though younger dancers are welcome to drop in for classes.
MiXt Co. in NYC begins Wednesday, January 24th at 7:00 PM w/ Nathan Trice!
The Body Sessions are monthly master-class offerings. These Saturday workshops, each taught by different practitioners, will dive into deep explorations of functionality, body-mind connection or distinct physical practices, and will continue to feed and educate our community of dancers and movers and compliment our class offerings.
- The Rigorous performance project is designed for professional level dancers.
- The Gentle level is accessible to those with any prior movement experience - no formal dance training is required.
- MiXt level and open level classes offer a great opportunity for a range of professional and experienced dancers to work together.
- Yoga and The Body Sessions workshops are open to those with any movement background. Dance experience is not required.
Subsidized rate for drop-in classes, project fees and workshops, which is available to professional performers, artists, educators, students, seniors, NYC commuters and other affiliated members, helps make participation in MiXt Co. affordable for everyone.
- Mondays at The Loft at Christ Church in Greenwich, CT
- Beginning in March, Thursday classes will be held at the Greenwich YMCA - 2nd floor, Studio AS2.
- MiXt Co. NYC classes are at 939 Eighth Ave. (between 55th and 56th - Ripley Grier - Buzzer 202 - 2nd floor, studio 2B or 2A)
Be ambitious and come dance with us, or, find out how you can help us keep MiXt. Co.
MiXt Co. Spring 2018 Class + Performance Project
MiXt Co. CT Rigorous/MiXt group w/ Ryan Yamauchi (beginning Mon. April 9)
MiXt Co. NYC w/ Becky Radway (beginning Wed. April 11)
MiXt Co. CT Gentle/MiXt group w/ Diana Deaver (beginning Thurs. April 12)
All 3 options offer drop-in class (7:00-8:15 PM) or opportunity to stay for rehearsal process until 9:15 PM, in preparation for two informal performance dates: CT performance Monday, May 21 and NYC performance Wednesday, May 23